Sunday, January 9, 2011

Happy 2nd Blogaversary To Me!


Happy Blogaversary, Dibbly Fresh! It's been two years since I started this blog.

So, what's happened since last year?

I've branched out and started snarking movies. And I like to think my blog posts had a far reaching effect. I took Jennifer Grey out of that corner and put her into the spotlight where she belonged. (With a little help from ABC.)

I predicted how much people would love to drop the word "Winklevi" into casual conversation.

I jumped on the trend of hating Sex and the City 2 a whole five months later.

And well before Spiderman: the Musical, I reminded people just how much fun taking musicals down a peg could be--whether they be snarked because they contain dancing cats in tight costumes or the most evil Ginger child ever conceived of or dangerously high levels of John Travolta.

I'm also particularly proud of my Disney spoofs (the Little Mermaid and the Lion King in particular).

But I'm not afraid to be humble. I also learned some very important lessons this year: from Goosebumps, the Babysitters Club (old Ann M. can still teach me quite a bit!), and from the Twilight Zone.

I also learned that I'm just as entertained by Full House and Boy Meets World when their entire seasons are reduced to a single blog post.

And let's not forget my wonderful encounter with ghostwriter Peter Lerangis.

I hope to make the next year even better. Check out this past year's posts and help yourself to some sheet cake while you're here.